At Wild About Elephants we believe that the best way to reduce poverty in this world is through trade. We have a code of social responsibility here and we intend to stick to it. We financially support the charity Elephant Family, so every purchase made on this website is directly contributing to our donations.
To find out more about Elephant Family and their ambitious work click here.
Other points of interest.
- We are a Living Wage Foundation registered employer.
- We trade in the United Kingdom and pay our taxes here. No part of this business is registered overseas.
- We buy from very small producers and some larger businesses but many of our suppliers are family firms, some of which are very small indeed.
- We particularly try to buy from producers who maintain traditional ways of manufacturing in rural areas. We are encouraged to see that labour rates have risen for many workers involved in the making of our goods over the years.
- We deal with our suppliers directly, and avoid the services of export agents. They are reputably unfair to suppliers by paying low prices for goods and imposing harsh terms of trade.
- Wherever possible we personally visit the factories in India where our products are made. We inspect the working conditions and request that a safe working environment is provided and they operate with equal opportunities without discrimination.
- We believe that our customers should receive the highest standards of customer care. This involves prompt dispatch of orders and a pleasant and courteous shopping experience in our shop in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.